Satya S. Narayan joined GCA Law Partners in August 2020. Her practice focuses on negotiating intellectual property, licensing and commercial transactions and exit arrangements for supporting the complex technology needs of startup and growth-stage clients with B2B models. Previously, she worked in the intellectual property and technology transactions groups of Cooley, LLP, as well as Haynes & Boone, LLP, and led the technology transaction group at the Royse Law Firm, PC.
Satya represents clients in a wide range of technologies and industries:
Technologies: Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, AI, Big Data, Software, Network Equipment, Medical Devices, Hardware, and Engineered Materials, among others.
Industries: CRM, ERP, BPM, IoT, AR, FinTech, Blockchain, Solar, Semiconductor, AgTech, among others.
Technology Transactions. Satya routinely structures, negotiates and provides counsel on technology related transactions spanning hardware and software distribution arrangements, affiliate arrangements, cloud, SaaS, and e-commerce service arrangements, consulting and development arrangements, supply chain and service transactions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and spin-outs. She also provides counsel on protecting intellectual property assets, use of open source, developing negotiation playbooks and strategy, and data privacy.
Representative licensing and commercial transactions include:
- Data License Agreements for licensing data packages for client’s visual positioning service
- Master Software License and Services Agreements for delivering client’s lifecycle management suite for video services
- OEM and ODM agreements for client’s embedded appliances for high speed networks and network monitoring products
- Customer Subscription Agreements, Service Level Agreements, and Data Privacy Addendums for client’s Enterprise Content Management, Document Management, and Business Process Management solutions
- Agreements, including Service Level Agreements and Data Privacy Addendum, on customer paper for client’s data analytics and hosting solution for clinical trial data
- OEM and Master Software License and Service Agreements for client’s security solution, involving machine learning and behavioral analytics
- Service Agreements favoring Blockchain developers and clients using Blockchain developers
- Technology License Agreement for client’s wireless mesh network solution
- Non-Disclosure Agreements, Testing Agreements, Supply Agreements, and Customer Agreements for client’s embedded micro LED technology for AR and display markets
Financings and M&A Transactions. Satya manages and provides counsel on investment and merger-related intellectual property chain of title issues and commercial due diligence. She supports our corporate and M&A team in negotiating IP and contract representations, warranties, and disclosures for buyers and sellers, and in structuring ancillary transaction agreements such as, but not limited to, transition -related service and technology license agreements. She has extensive experience representing clients on both sides of the deal.
Cross-Border Transactions. Satya helps clients with cross-border transactions including counseling on legal and commercial issues with respect to software development, IT and business process outsourcing, foreign supply, manufacture and distribution arrangements, and distance/online sales to foreign consumers. Her cross-border transactions experience includes India, the European Union, and China. Satya’s prior legal experience in India makes her intimately familiar with the Indian legal frame-work and business conditions.