At GCA Law Partners LLP, we provide a full range of services to develop, protect, defend, and maximize our clients’ technology and intellectual property (“IP”) investments and assets, including:
IP licensing and Development Transactions
- Strategic IP collaboration (development and license) agreements
- University patent licensing transactions
- Master development/consulting agreements
- IP offensive and defensive strategies
- IP compliance risk management and best practices
- Proactive IP protection and best practices
Patent Due Diligence and Landscape Evaluations
- Patent validity and infringement assessments
- Freedom-to-operate and design-around counseling
IP and Technology Dispute Resolution
- Patent litigation, including ITC and PTAB proceedings
- Copyright and media litigation
- Trademark and counterfeit litigation
- Trade secret and unfair competition litigation
- Employment and executive mobility litigation
- Serving as local counsel
Our clients range from individual entrepreneurs and inventors to start-up companies to large public companies, both in the U.S. and abroad, across a broad range of sectors, including high tech, e-commerce, financial services, consumer products, medical devices, and biotech. We defend and enforce our clients’ IP rights in California state courts as well as federal courts and agencies across the nation.
GCA Intellectual Property Attorneys Group consists solely of experienced attorneys who have deep expertise in IP and are passionate about technologies. We provide our clients with superior and cost-effective legal services based on a full understanding of the clients’ businesses and the technologies involved.
Our IP licensing and transaction attorneys have extensive experience in advising clients on all aspects of technology transactions in connection with a wide range of technologies and business models. Our IP litigators have significant experience not only in litigation strategy and courtroom advocacy, including trial and appeal, but also in counseling clients on litigation prevention and alternative dispute resolution strategies. We focus on counseling clients to achieve their business objectives through partnership, licensing, IP strategy and compliance, risk management, and litigation avoidance, strategy, and management. We help clients avoid problems before they arise, and craft creative solutions when they arise.
We work closely with and are complemented by other GCA partners who specialize in other practice areas essential for serving innovative and technology-focused companies and entrepreneurs, such as technology transactions, corporate and securities, employment, real estate, and litigation. Our diverse experience and background bring to bear a practical perspective on the business issues underlying every IP transaction or dispute, which allows us to identify and pursue the most cost-effective approach that advances our clients’ interests.